Justin. It's short for - The Incredible Justin

Friday, November 11, 2005

Thriller

This is a true story of my encounter with a smooth criminal, Its been a week and two days since the ordeal.

I was drinking Dilma English breakfast tea. Interestingly I’m not having breakfast and I’m not English, but I do have jam and bread. I’m watching something lame on T.V. knock knock. Was that a knock? I take a while to get to the door, ‘hello’.... hmm no one’s there. Must have just been something on the T.V. Oh well, I walk back down the hallway, I’m all alone, its getting darker outside, not all black, more a black white. All the curtains are wide open in our one story house, not that it usually matters cause the neighbours are too far away to see in.

it's close to midnight and something evil's lurking in the dark

Knock! Knock! I spin round. Our front door has a rugged glass panel, where is the shadow? People knocking at the door, create a shadow effect as they wait for the insider to allow entry. Im the insider I see no shadow effect. No effects of any kind. No outsider. Ay what’s up with that? I Walk back down the hall towards the door, suddenly to my right I glimce just the flash of a white T-shirt, someone dashes past the window.

under the moonlight you see a sight that almost stops your heart

Arggg a punk kid being an egg!!! I probably scared him off. I turn my back on the door, Knock! Knock! I spin, but no shadow. The outsider has not been scared off. The insider is a little scared, confused and annoyed. Maybe it’s not a punk kid. Maybe it’s a man intent on being an insider, though I think he should remain an outsider far far way, Tatooine perhaps. Actually I’d like to go there. Um what should I do? I’m in the hallway I don’t want to move, I don’t want to walk past any windows, don’t want to see the outsider ill probably scream and he’ll know my fear.

you try to scream but terror takes the sound before you make it

I think he’s trying to work me up and freak me out before he makes his move - to be an insider! I think he’s trying to see how many people are home. I’m Justin home alone. I’m not dreaming that my parents have forgoten to take me on vacation... twice. He’s doing laps around our house. Sometimes I can hear his footsteps. Should I call the police? Ummm maybe he will just leave. I should get to the phone just-in case. I have to walk into the lounge, there are windows on both sides of the lounge looking in, I am exposed. Exposed.

you start to freeze as horror looks you right between the eyes
you're paralyzed

I get the phone, I’m in the bathroom. Um what should I do. Maybe he’ll just leave soon. My heart is racing. I trying to close the bathroom window, but quietly. I don’t want him to hear where I am. I’m in the bathroom.

'cause this is thriller, thriller night
and no one's gonna save you from the beast about to strike

He walks past the bathroom window he can’t see in, its that rugged glass again, I see his shadow effect, the gravel sound under his feet. Through the window he is only a meter and a half away, I'm trying to be silent, don't breath. The back door is near the bathroom. He is trying the handle he shakes the door vigorously .

you hear the door slam and realize there's nowhere left to run
you feel the cold hand and wonder if you'll ever see the sun
you close your eyes and hope that this is just imagination,
but all the while you hear the creature creepin' up behind
you're out of time!

I think he is getting more confident, he knows Im alone, he must really mean business, he wants to be an insider he’s testing his options. I should probably call the police, he is not leaving, he’s coming soon. I’m in the bathroom, I step out from the bathroom to call out, ‘CAN I HELP YOU’! No reply, no reply of any kind, there’s a window to my right I am exposed, exposed, then he’s exposed. I’m seen! He SHRIEKS.

Justin are you OK, will you tell us that your OK?
You’ve been hit by you’ve been struck by a smooth criminal

Argggg David Lim you eccentric, chocolate hording, sports mad, Daniel Vettori shouting, phone pranking, Malaysian munter!!!!! Ill get you with the axe next time!

Actually I’ve never been so happy to see David Lim in my life. I open the back door. My voice shakes a bit as I invite him inside. I tell him he freaked me out, he apologises, ‘oh yeah, I guess you’ve never been pranked by me before’ he says!!!! Yeah like that makes it better. I return to my cup of tea, my hands are still shaking. We talk about rugby, fireworks, people leaving Dunedin, and what we are doing for summer. After about 30 minutes he goes home, he has to catch sports cafe, I have a presentation to prepare for.

you know it's thriller, thriller night
you're fighting for your life inside a killer, thriller
tonight


 
l