Justin. It's short for - The Incredible Justin

Saturday, November 19, 2005

Blip in the day via gel complications

This day started off so well. I sleept in, well it felt like I was because it was 10.15am before I got up, but I was reading for about half an hour before that and I went to bed late so 8ish hours of sleep and a sleep-in all at the same time… sometimes I impress even myself with my efficiency. Had breakfast, my flaties were up plus BibianA had walked over which was cool cause breakfast is usually a lonely affair. I watched (I mean danced with) the black eyed peas on the NZ top 40 countdown, no no no baby no no no don’t lieeeeeeeeeeeee. I spent some time focused on God. I biked into uni already to get into part of an experiment I had planned for today, I felt so relaxed.

This day just went retarded, why?
So I got right into my experiment (resisting the temptation to blog first). But then I messed it up, I was making an SDS poly acrylamide gel, which is made in two layers, I did the first layer yesterday and the second today, but I put it in the fridge before the gel had set and it ended up not setting properly!!! So strange, well I thought it would have helped but I wont do that again. I had to pull it all apart and re-do it all over again, including what I did yesterday. Oh well its not really that hard, just takes another 2hrs and puts me a day behind but I can catch up tomorrow cause I have some free time then. But then the ‘not really that hard’ turned into a super lam0 mess. I didn’t set up the equipment properly and I had liquid gel running out all over my bench and me frantically trying to fix the problem before it all started to solidify. Oh it was a gel nightmare of medium proportions, the picture shows the remains of what was to be 4 beautiful SDS PAGE gels but alas they never shall have the chance to shine in the full glory of there potential. Anyway lets not get all down about it, Im not.


In other news this is the one month anniversary of this blog. I don’t have time right now, but I will bring you a post in the near future that shall be an in-depth and reflective analysis of my blogging experience. Be afraid.

This day shall revert to how it started. Now it is off to coffee with Scott and maybe Batman tonight, depending on the whim of one Daniel Joe.


 
l