Justin. It's short for - The Incredible Justin

Friday, January 13, 2006

The moth lives

My desk is, my roof is, and my lamp is, and my hand does, and my eyes do, and the moth lives

I felt something, I bent my neck downwards and there was a wee moth sitting just below the mouse pad on my laptop. I thought oh! And I tried to pick it up with my fingers. I saw a smudge of silver brown where my right hand had been resting. I had squashed the wee moth and rubbed its coat onto my laptop. As I grappled with it, it lurched free, going straight towards my desk lamp. Feel the allure of its halogen glow, go moth go! My eyes followed its flight, my eyes were blinded by brightness. My hand was used to switch off the lamp, the room plunged into ambient levels of lighting. Incandescent low, a bulb hung centrally from my roof top. My roof that looks like a floor, that you could walk on, that if you did you would be up the wrong way, that would drop you on your head. Your head that is big fat and red. It is made of parallel planks of wood, as typically seen in polished wooden floors. But this roof, my roof is painted white, white like if you had a white wooden desk. White like anything white. My desk is not white, my desk is covered in fake wood. It has colours and patterns trying to look like real wood. But this desk, my desk it is a solid mash of wood chips. The moth flew by my face, landing somewhere...

I feel something, I bend my neck downwards. I think oh oh oh! Grapple let go! Bright light. Low light. Ceiling that sends me reeling. White and parallel. Like a floor, unlike my fake desk of mash. Moth flies by landing somewhere...

Look down... Oh! Grapple. Blinded. Ambient. Roof top. Upside down. Parallel. White. Desk. Fake. Mash. Moth. Land. Bend... and snap!


 
l