Justin. It's short for - The Incredible Justin

Thursday, March 30, 2006

Time why do you leave me so?

How is it that I can plan to do a whole days work and actually do nothing. Oh except make more plans to do lots of work at other times. I have been doing lots of planning lately but little carrying out those plans. I am trying to finish my masters ASAP because I want to graduate in August. My parents have booked their flights so I better be finished in time! Its good to have a deadline to motivate me.

Allowing 2 months for the thesis to be marked, I will have to submit by the end of May. It will take me at least 5 weeks to write it, so I have to start writing in 2 weeks! I don’t see how that’s going to be possible, because there is still heaps of experiments I want to do! But now that I have scared my self by realising that time is short I will work extra hard (note: see first sentence). It feels like the week before exams and its time to cram, but it will be two months of cramming and little else.

Small things like eating, talking, emailing, texting, blogging, net surfing, news reading, and other ings make for mountains of seemingly lost time, add to this meetings of various kinds and the day fills whilst work lies still. How is it that 3.5 hrs of time to do some work became 2.5, which became 1 which became 45min at which point I gave up and wrote this blog.

I must say that only in the Richardson building can you step into an elevator to hear one man comment to another “I have always had a weakness for puns”. In the Microbiology elevators conversations hardly get past “which floor” or “nice day” etc. A reliable source has told me that they also find the best conversations for eavesdropping are in the Richardson elevators.


 
l