Justin. It's short for - The Incredible Justin

Sunday, April 02, 2006

Burger King on Sunday - my only Fun day and Rugby on Friday - lamented Sundry

The smell on my hands is that of bbq and bacon, these aromas of burger king fill my senses whenever I lift my had to my chin in contemplation. Mmmmmmm bbq bacon double cheese burger has long been my favourite BK offering.

It is Sunday and its my “day off” which is a new policy in my life. Which means I work really hard for six days and rest on the seventh (yeah I know, just like god, but hey don’t blame me if im made in his image). Now this idea of a days rest is nothing new, but it is something I have never really stuck to. I usually only take time off when I feel over worked and tiered. Plus I usually feel that I waste so much time during the week that I really don’t deserve or cant afford a day off. Some people reckon is biblical, but I haven’t read much about it so I don’t know. It is more of an attempt to be focused during the week by postponing a lot of things till my “day off”. This includes some TV shows, blogging and net surfing. Alas im not sure I can fit everything into just one day off! Oh well Ill see how it goes.

Rugby. How is it that I found my self caring about weather the Chiefs beat the Highlanders (and I had complete faith in them), how is it that I came to not so secretly desire that the Huricanse would lose lose LOSE to the Crusaders. Maybe its just there are too many Wellington supporters in my life and maybe I just wanted to see them eat some failure. Ohh that’s harsh, but it was just a maybe. Seriously I had to give myself a wake up call its just rugby and I cant even play it. I did not grow up in a rugby family (according to my sources this is becoming more common now days), my parents have Sky but they don’t have any sports channels. That simple fact would horrify so many people I know – who only want Sky for the sports. When I go home I watch E! True Hollywood Stories and the History channel. I didn’t even know all the teams in the Super 12/14 till this year. This year I have entered the Microbiology competition for predicting the Super 14 results, I thought to my self, heck if Im going to be a real man surely I must develop a need for rugby. All real men need rugby to aid their social interaction and self-esteem. Well no, actually I thought im going to be hearing about the super 14, on the news and in conversations other guys have with each other, so maybe I should be in the know, and maybe this competition will be the thing to compel me to find more interest in this sport, maybe then I too can have a genuine conversation about rugby. So there I found my self on Friday night angry that the Blues had beaten the Bulls, when I had predicted they would loose. I had mingled my will, desires and subsequent emotions with the out come of a game which I had no control over. I didn’t care about the Blues loosing for any other reason than it would prove me right and would propel my name up that score board… to the top! THE TOP! I wanted to be the winner… not the loser. Really it is only this guessing game that keeps me interested in the Super 14. Though there is a small amount of patriotism involved. I guess I shouldn’t be so surprised that I find my self caring about these games, since it was the intended out come of enlisting in this competition. Keeping things in perspective Im actually not as hardcore as real rugby people, heck ive only watched one game this year.


 
l