Justin. It's short for - The Incredible Justin

Sunday, April 23, 2006

In our sky flashings

At the hub there is a light cast above and scattered down upon my head all over my face and into my eyes and I see! I see the hub a wheel of six people facing inwards, towards screens of a mystical world. The hub casts its crown over us, it holds us warm under its wings and we sit happy held and centred. My screen is so flat it exudes its sheen. A black nameless tower gives me all the power I need. My optical mouse glows red, brother to this key board, long white and buttony. Oh no! Our hub turns out to be an alien spacecraft that has been sitting here waiting still since the dawn of time, waiting for this very now, ABDUCTION! Run! Save yourselves its too late for me now…. I am taken.

Our hub is spinning around and around. Others too, all of the other hubs have been activated. It spins but I feel no torque, it spins but I see everything clear without a blur, how do I even know that it spins? It hums at least I know that. Upwards and through cement, books, glass, people, some good some bad we pass through them all. To dust to bits of what once was it all passes and crashes as we blast through, churning the world from within our hub. Pages of paper fly around in tornados of duplicated information safe not here but somewhere else. Abduction! What will meet us there? Like an earthquake, like a very shaky afternoon, like some kind of volcanic activity which bursts us sky high with a force that slams us to the floor. It’s a glass floor its like Charlie’s great glass elevator. I think I’ve been here before, no wait that was something else. The view is of what’s below. Of receding homes, lives and miscellaneous structures. In my view are other spinning hubs. We are a flock travelling together. Away we ascend we are flashings in a sky of brewing storms. Shadows and cold are cast below but heat fills our hub, sparks and fire explode around us and there are some fireworks too. It’s a terribly dark time for celebration.

Things are getting a bit out of hand I feel, I would like to know what’s the meaning of all this. Now I can stand up, the we that were six is now the me that is one. Alone I feel, alone in my hub, this sky flashing. Why am all by myself? I don’t want to be all by myself. The sheen of my screen has not diminished. The glow of my mouse is still red and my seat is comfortable. There is a message of choice on my screen. One - safe escape from this situation of lofty extravagance. Two – continuance, discovery of the splendour that lies beyond, breaking the final frontier, making for myself a new life amongst the cosmos, encountering the makers of this hub. Clearly the five choose escape. Clearly I will too. I push the big red button and fall down. As I fall I look back, watching my hub flash away with the flock beyond angry clouds. The downpour of water is such that my escape capsule seems submerged. I swim I fall. In delirious confusion I give all my weight to gravity, I embrace its tug and I thud to ground.


 
l