Justin. It's short for - The Incredible Justin

Monday, April 10, 2006

Txting

It seems I have little to say today. Though this cartoon amuses me greatly.


I guess I could mention something about how last month I made a new record for the number of text messages I sent. 400 exactly. That’s a lot for me, I have never broken the 400 mark before, usually I only just get over 300. Since I signed up to 027 last February I have slowly been sending more and more messages. I think you just get used to sending them when ever you want. Even though when I was on 021 I usually sent messages whenever I wanted It would only be in the region of 50-100 per month. I can think of various reasons for this increase.

1) 027 providing a cheaper means of texting (500 for $10)
2) leading a lifegroup i.e. having to text people to organise lifegroup things
3) I am probably spend more time with people other than my flatmates, this requires more organising and so more texting
4) More people texting me
- I know more people now
- more people also switching to 027
- basically im just soooo popular now days, cant you tell

Admittedly many of these extra text I send are just stuff like being polite and saying ‘thanks’ or ‘sweet’ etc or saying ‘im going to be 10 minutes late’, where in the past I could have just showed up late without texting or just not replied to as many unimportant messages. There are also times where you have more of a txt conversation which involves multiple sending and receiving of messages, this is much easier to do when your not worrying about how many messages you send. Basically $10 texting rocks my world. I hardly understand why people stick with 021... admittedly they have cooler phones, and that may be quite important to some people. Plus they use sim cards which is the only thing that annoys me about telecom phones.

Also I remember when I was on 021 I thought 027 was evil. 027 said to me “Justin I am your real cell phone provider” I cried “noooooooooo!!!” 027 stretched out its hand and said “together with $10 txting we can rule the galaxy!” I said “Ill never join you!”. But the force is strong with 027 and someday I will be the most powerful texter ever!

Text messaging has become so much a part of life now. A couple of years ago there were plenty of times when I wouldn’t send or receive a message for a couple of days. But now I don’t think I ever go a day with out sending or receiving a message. 400 messages in 31 days that’s an average of about 13 per day! Though to many people that is nothing, with Boost you can send 1000 texts to 027 phones, plus there are people who own both 027 and 021 so they can have $10 texting and text free on the weekend with 021. Dont you just wonder how anybody ever got on without cell phones? Being separated from your cell phone can be quite stress full at times, there are the thoughts of what if someone is trying to contact me or I really need to txt someone right now etc... but on the flip side It can be nice to have a peaceful day without any cellular interruptions.

As always when I have the least to say it turns out I have a lot to say.


 
l