Justin. It's short for - The Incredible Justin

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Fruit sticks

Things are rather quiet around the place. All but one of my flatmates are absent and many other humans I know are away. But I have been busy writing my thesis. Which has been going OK. I have a desk in the “write up room” which is where people go to write their thesis’s after completing their experiments. Which I have completed (bar one quick thing). To keep me going I have been eating lots of fruit sticks, which are basically flavored sugar sticks, ah they are so good. I used to buy them for 5cents from the dairy in my younger days, but now I get them for 79c/100g from New World. Yesterday I went back for my third lot, each time I get even more than before. My mum says I should eat nuts, but fruit sticks are cheaper. Last week I wrote my Materials and Methods section, I didn’t think it would take all week but making sure I got all the small details right took a bit of time, plus I had a job interview which I had to prepare for.

Yes that’s right I had a job interview last Thursday. I haven’t really been hunting for jobs yet, because I want to focus on finishing my thesis. But I got an email sent to me about this one form Seek.co.nz and thought it looked cool enough to at least apply. The interview went ok. But thats all, just ok. I didnt pick up many positive vibes from them so I didn’t feel they were that excited about me. Anyway I guess that’s for them to decided not me. From my perspective it would be an awesome job, the company seems pretty interesting. Should know in about a week after they have interviewed everyone else. I’m not too worried about it because there are other options I have in terms of post thesis employment. Plus I gave the whole process my best effort (in terms of preparing my CV and preparing for the interview). So I place my best effort in gods hands and will be happy however it turns out.

I Saw Superman returns on Thursday which was ok but not great, just a bit too shallow really. Though there were a few good parts, the opening credits for one were awesome! Pirates of the Caribbean is coming out this week it looks ok but im not too sure, it could go both ways really. But then I never expected the first one to be any good and it actually was. Plus I think I need to see the first one again because dont remember a whole lot of the storyline.

Someone wrote me a letter last week which really touched me, seriously it was a really good letter! One thing I have noticed about experiencing love is it makes you want to love others. Part of it is that you want others to also know how good it feels, but it is also more than that... its like a substance which you have acquired. Almost like currency, so that before you were poor and had no love to give but afterwards you become rich and have something to give. Or its like a learned skill, so that after someone has shown you love, you then know how to love others. It seems though that things come down to our perception of love, since god loves us always unconditionally yet we can be so blind to it. I think I need a greater understanding of gods love.

In other news regarding love, my mum gave me some $ to get some new pants. She is always worried about me being too cold. So now I think my pants shortage is almost over. Yesssssssss!


 
l